_________

rock: (verb) to be friggin' awesome. Schist that Rocks is music (and other things) that we feel (regardless of genre or era) rocks. Whether it's Lead Belly, Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, Dr. Dre, Beethoven, The Godfather, or Pizza; if it rocks, we love it. Listen in every Tuesday 2-4 PM WTBU.





Friday, April 9, 2010

Hey Everybody!
So, I hope you enjoyed the warm sunny weather, cuz it disappeared and might not come back next week.

More importantly, I hope you enjoyed this week's show. As promised, here's the cover art for 8 Ball Aitken's album Rebel With a Cause. Special thanks to Sarah from Rock, Socks & Bollocks for showing this to me!
I played some new music, specifically: "Toumei Sunday" by Funanori (a Mike Watt & Kaori Tsuchida project) and two songs ("No Dialogue" and "White Christmas") off of Slothbear's fisrt full length LP "Qids." Qids came out this past week and is available for free digital dowload here. It's pretty darn good, and since it's free, I'd suggest you check it out!

oh, and I've got some BIG NEWS! The station now records and archives all shows, which makes my plans for uploading all shows a lot easier! Very soon you'll be able to listen to any episode of Schist that Rocks at any time on your computer.

Remember that Battle of the Bands I mentioned? Well, the finals are tomorrow (Saturday) at the All Asia Bar in Cambridge. The winner gets to come onto Schist that Rocks, so you might wanna check that out. I think if you pay (21+: $8, everyone else: $12), you get to vote for your fave. I won't be able to be there, but there were a couple good bands last time.

So, I think that's all. Lemme know what you think of Slothbear and Funanori! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment