_________

rock: (verb) to be friggin' awesome. Schist that Rocks is music (and other things) that we feel (regardless of genre or era) rocks. Whether it's Lead Belly, Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, Dr. Dre, Beethoven, The Godfather, or Pizza; if it rocks, we love it. Listen in every Tuesday 2-4 PM WTBU.





Monday, April 26, 2010

Drum roll please...

Hey guys, I'm proud to announce that although Schist That Rocks did not win "Best Variety Show," I did win "Best Sweeper/Show Header!" Okay, so they added "the" to the name of my show, but it still counts! I was a little more excited that I was nominated for this one because everyone gets nominated for their own genre, but I was actually nominated for Best Header for something I did. Also, I'm the only one to record my own header as opposed to doing it with our Productions Manager, Joe (who does a great job with headers), and did it on Audacity no less.
The award show was pretty fun, even though they only had deep-dish pizza (it's good, but it's more of a casserole). There were some great performances by Intimate Sleepover (pop covers on Ukuleles and a kazoo), The Lonesome Mississippi Drifters (pop covers on acoustic guitars), and Jesse Schwartz (serious music with an accoustic guitar) too.


In other news, I still have two interviews waiting to happen: Slothbear and Red Vinyl. If you have any questions for the interview, let me know.

Also, I'm still uploading all the recorded broadcasts of the show, and added a link to my page on OurMedia.org (although I kinda like the player on archive.org better). I'm starting to think that maybe I should've chosen a better quality format than 64kbps MP3, cuz I'm hearing some fuzzyness and distortion in a couple spots, what do you guys think?
Anyway, here's the February 5 one:

I realized too late that the header I used in this one (and possibly in one other) was not the award-winning header, but rather it's evil uncensored twin brother. I'm really sorry about this.

Also, tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 7pm, BU's Linguistics Association is showing Francois Truffaut's film L'enfant Sauvage (The Wild Child) in the Geddes Viewing Room, CAS 537C. It's supposed to be a great movie, and it's on a great topic. I'll definitely be there.

Anyway, time is running out so I better make these last shows rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment