_________

rock: (verb) to be friggin' awesome. Schist that Rocks is music (and other things) that we feel (regardless of genre or era) rocks. Whether it's Lead Belly, Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, Dr. Dre, Beethoven, The Godfather, or Pizza; if it rocks, we love it. Listen in every Tuesday 2-4 PM WTBU.





Sunday, September 19, 2010

First it Rains, then it Pours...

So, as we mentioned last Tuesday, The Autumn Hollow Band came out with their first CD this month. If you recall, I had band member Noel on the show back in February when the band was getting ready to play the New England Americana Festival (it's posted online in case you've misremembered).
Anyway, the album's pretty solid. I'm not one for describing music the way some do, but I will say that I liked it and that I'd suggest you check it out. My favorite track is probably "First it Rains," which I played on the show and had stuck in my head for at least the rest of that day. They've got the album online so you can listen to it and buy it if you'd like. I've embedded the player below, or you can check it out on bandcamp.

<a href="http://autumnhollow.bandcamp.com/album/love-letters-and-ransom-notes">Love Letters and Ransom Notes by Autumn Hollow Band</a>


Also, welcome to the new intern at Schist That Rocks: Cassie! Cassie enjoys Friends, penguins, following my orders, and bios written without her input or consent.
If you'd like to join the Schist That Rocks! team, don't hesitate to let me know! You'd be a little less of an intern, and a little more of a DJ... unless you'd rather be more of an intern, whatever you like.

Anyway, I'll see you folks tomorrow!
or, uh, you'll see me.
hear me. yeah. that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment